Thursday, December 30, 2010

Taco Tico

When I was a kid, long before Taco Bell surfaced, there was my favorite place to eat as a kid was Taco Tico.  Taco Tico is a chain of Tex-Mex cuisine fast-food restaurants. This establishment serves tacos, tostadas, nachos, enchiladas, burritos, refried beans, quesadillas, taco burgers, and sanchos available for dine-in, take-out, or drive-thru. The first Taco Tico was opened in 1962.
The Taco Tico we visited was in Pine Hills, close to our house. We ate there at least once a week and my favorite item on the menu was the “Taco Burger”.  I really did not want any other item on the menu but that burger but I often opted for regular tacos.
Shortly after the rise of Taco Bell was the demise of Taco Tico. I was not a huge fan of Taco Bell because they did not offer the taco burger.  From time to time, I create my own taco burgers at home, but that Taco Tico taste can never be recreated. They still remain in business to this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment