Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clackers

Here is another one of those dangerousr toys that I had to get my hands on at such an early age. My parents should have know better, ha! These clackers were very dangerous and I did not understand back then, how I even owned any of the dangerous items I have mentioned thus far.

But I had a few pairs of these in various colors.The  point was to have the two balls of which the toy consisted of clicking against each other. They are formed out of two hard plastic marbles, each about two inches in diameter, attached to a ring with a sturdy string. The player puts his or her finger in the ring, allowing the marbles (or balls) to hang below. Through a gentle up-and-down hand motion, the two balls swing apart and together, making the clacking noise that give the toy its name.


I will say, when I was a kid these did not seem to be a saftey hazard but really? They were!

No comments:

Post a Comment