Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel was a huge stunt performer from the late 60’s to the 80’s; he was an American daredevil that jumped motorcycles from ramp to ramp. He broke all sorts of records and bones during his time in the spotlight. I remember watching his events on T.V. when I was a kid. He was a huge icon draped in the colors of red, white and blue along with stars and stripes.
He was something to watch and I remember how all the kids in my neighborhood were glued to their T.V. sets waiting to see his next crazy stunt. We all idolized him growing up, making us want to try and jump things with our bikes or build ramp to ramps.
He even had a toy line out that every one owned. I remember all the fun winding him up on that ramp and watching him blast off while trying to make it through that fire ring cardboard cut out. I do not even think he made it through that ring but maybe once or twice.



No comments:

Post a Comment