Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lawn Darts

One of the best but probably dangerous games invented was “Lawn Darts”. I remember going to my grandparent’s home for family functions and we all gathered in the back yard to either play horse shoes or lawn darts. I loved lawn darts far more than horse shoes.
You would take the two colored darts of your choice with a weighted metal tip and try to toss them underhand toward a horizontal ground target, where the weighted end hits first and sticks into the ground. The target is typically a plastic ring, and landing anywhere within the ring scores a point. The target is typically about thirty to thirty five feet away.
It’s the same principal as horse shoes but I always felt this game more appealing to me. I remember how much fun my family had playing this games. These memories last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment