Friday, January 7, 2011

PONG

I loved Pong. I remember I was in the fifth grade when a friend of mine told him he had all these games for sale, I gave him fifteen dollars for a bunch of used video game consoles. I never got the Pong game new but having it used was close enough, I remember giving this kid money way before getting the games. I made countless threats against him and even my close friend did too, he was going keep my money and all his consoles.
Then one day after class, I walked outside my classroom and there they sat in a box in a tangled mess of pure confusion. My friend spotted them right when the class bell rang; he yelled to me that he left them outside class. I ran outside and there they sat, I took them home and went to work on them. I had five video game consoles and I think Pong and one other one worked. It was a great deal, even though it took over a month of harassing him and threatening him to budge. But it happened, crazy part is, we never saw him again after that. It like he dropped out of school.
But I did not care; all I cared about was having Pong. I think I even sold the other games to a friend of mine, once we got Pong untangled we left the others for weeks. Pong was a great game.
Pong is one of the earliest arcade video games, and is a tennis sports game featuring simple two-dimensional graphics. Pong was one of the first video games to reach mainstream popularity. The aim is to defeat your opponent in a simulated table tennis game by earning a higher score. The game was originally manufactured by Atari Incorporated (Atari), who released it in 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment