Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bigfoot

A popular folklore when I was growing up was about a creature named “Bigfoot” he is also known as “Sasquatch”. He is ape-like creature that inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid. The term "sasquatch" is an anglicized derivative of the word "Sésquac" which means "wild man" in a Salish Native American language.
Growing up, I saw and heard so many things about Bigfoot. From pictures of the creature to stories galore, but as a kid, you did not know what to believe. But I will say this for sure, one night when I lived on Harwick Drive, my views on this creature changed. I was sleeping in my parent’s bed due to a gang of men on a killing spree. Everyone was on high alert due to this gang; they were on every news channel as the ski mask killers.
I woke up to a noise outside; their bedroom was located in the front of the house facing the street. I sat up and looked out the window and saw a man in the road, he was stumbling and screaming out. I woke my parents and we all we peering out the window at him, he fell to the ground, screaming for help. I do not recall the exact events after this but I do remember all our neighbors were gathering in the street to help him. I remember standing in the driveway watching them gather around this man trying to comfort him; he was covered in scratches and blood. I never saw anything like it, he was rambling on about drinking beer in the woods when “Bigfoot” attacked him and his friend. He claimed he made it out of the woods and as Bigfoot grabbed his friend. He kept this up until the ambulance arrived on the scene and took him away. I remember seeing how shocked every one was, there was acres upon acres behind our housing development.
This changed my parents whole outlook on those woods; we were not allowed to play there any more and my mother would not even let me step foot back there to fly our kites. The road that dead ended into the woods was the stopping point. There was a good distance of road left to fly the kites on by not like the dirt road. This was the first of many weird things that happened in those woods, we also heard about one of the farmer’s cow missing along with some chickens. But who really knows the real story behind all of these rumors.
The one thing that I know is true was that man being attacked. Days and weeks after the attack, rumors swirled that he was just drunk and lost in the woods. Those cuts and blood was from tree limbs that he was running into while trying to get out of the woods. Some say he was on drugs and he was hallucinating making him think he was being attacked. But his friend, where was his friend? There were so many unanswered questions along with so many rumors, the truth was never veiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment