Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pinball

I remember as a kid, playing the great game of pinball. The most popular spot for these were the drive-in movie theaters but they were sometimes at convenience stores as well. The most popular one when I was kid was the “Lucky Ace” but later down the road, there were others. I remember the stunning one from the band “KISS” and the popular “Playboy” one.
Pinball is a type of arcade game, usually coin-operated, where a player attempts to score points by manipulating one or more metal balls on a playfield inside a glass-covered case called a pinball machine. The primary objective of the game is to score as many points as possible. Secondary objectives are to maximize the time spent playing (by earning extra balls and keeping the ball in play as long as possible) and to earn free games (known as replays).
I remember the countless hours and quarters I used playing this game,  my parents always had an endless supply of quarters when we went to the drive-in, this was a sure fire way of keeping me and my friends out of their hair while the engaged in those movies that we as kids should not be viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment